- pasta- preferably spaghetti, but I didn't have any so I used orecchiette.
- vegetarian ground sausage - I like Gimme Lean brand
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped (I used tomato paste because I also didn't have any tomatoes)
- olive oil
- safflower, sunflower, or other high heat oil
- milk (I was tempted to use soy milk, but I just decided it wouldn't taste right) I also used a little heavy whipping cream because I thought I should fatten the recipe up just a little.
- dried basil
- garlic salt
- Add olive oil and salt to water. Boil. Add pasta and cook according to box instructions.
- Heat safflower oil in frying pan.
- Add vegetarian sausage, garlic salt, basil and pepper to taste.
- Add onion and tomato or tomato paste.
- I added sugar since they use ketchup in the video so I thought it could use a sweetener. I really don't like ketchup so I skipped that. Otherwise, add ketchup.
- Cook until brown.
- Pour a good amount of milk/cream over sausage mixture and stir until combined.
- Cook until milk is heated and well combined.
- Serve sausage over pasta.
|I should have added more milk to make it more saucy.|
|The beer I enjoyed with dinner is Saint Botolph's Town from Pretty Things, based in Somerville MA. Oh, and that's June peeping in the background. Isn't she pretty?|